How it Works:
You can test your internet speed in various web browsers within different operating systems without installing any additional apps or plugins (No Flash or Java Needed). That means you can run a broadband speed test through any device such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Linux, Desktop, Tablet and more. When comparing the internet speed test tool with other speed test sites we are using the newest technology available for testing your internet speed. This application is designed for testing any type of connection speed from 1 Kbps to 1 Gbps+. The tools algorithm automatically detects the stable connection speed by running several file download and upload requests from your web browser itself.
The internet speed test tool is simple to use. Just click "Start Testing Speed" button and wait a few seconds for the final results. The tool is designed for detecting your stable internet speed and not your top speed. Keep in mind most bandwidth demanding applications need stable speed.
Internet Speed Tips:
Below are some tips and steps you can take to increase your internet speed.
1) Check your modem and router cables and make sure they are solid and clean connections. Use shoter cables if possible and/or purchase new cables.
2) Check your filters or try different one from your friends. Low quality or unreliable filters may lead to a drop in your internet speed by 30 to 60%.
3) Complete a free online bandwidth test using our internet speed test tool and determine your current Internet speed.
4) Remove any unnecessary programs from your device. Some programs and applications can use your bandwidth by running in the background.
5) Always use a secured wifi for all your web browsing. This will help you to disable unauthorized access of your internet by anonymous people. An unprotected connection may lead to hacking and other users may find out your personal information, such as bank details and passwords.
6) Your wifi channel is very important for good internet speed. In most cases 2.4 GHz wifi channel and another 2.4 GHz cordless phone with same channel may work together that will result in poor wifi signal or slow internet speeds.
7) Turn off any Internet-connected devices when not in use. These might include cell phones with Wi-Fi access, mobile devices, printers, gaming systems, and Smart televisions. Power off all devices after use to ensure that your bandwidth is dedicated to actively use devices only.
8) Consider increasing the Internet connection speed from your service provider.
SmartSpeedTest Copyright Policy
SmartSpeedTest (the "Site") Copyright Policy and Process for Notification of Alleged Copyright Violation:
The content provided on the Site include content owned by SmartSpeedTest and content submitted to the Site by third parties. Each third party submitting content is required to represent and warrant to SmartSpeedTest that the submission of the content and its use on the Site will not violate any copyright or other right of any party.
If, notwithstanding our receipt of such representations and warranties, you believe that particular content violates your copyright or that of a party for whom you are authorized to act, please provide a written or electronic notification to the Site's designated copyright agent (see below). Pursuant to Section 512(c) of the U.S. Copyright Act, the notification must contain the following:
a) your electronic or physical signature;
b) sufficient information to identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
c) a description of the infringing material and the location on the Site of such material;
d) your name, address, telephone number and email address so that we may contact you;
e) the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law"; and
f) the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the above information in this notification is accurate and that I am, or am authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay of the processing of your notification. The Site's designated agent for notification of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
By Postal Mail:
850 New Burton Road, Suite 201
Dover, DE 19904
If we receive a valid counter notification complying with the provisions of Section 512(g) of the U.S. Copyright Act to the effect that the material was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification, we may reinstate access to the material.