You can test your internet speed in various web browsers within different operating systems without installing any additional apps or plugins (No Flash or Java Needed). That means you can run a broadband speed test through any device such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Linux, Desktop, Tablet and more. When comparing the internet speed test tool with other speed test sites we are using the newest technology available for testing your internet speed. This application is designed for testing any type of connection speed from 1 Kbps to 1 Gbps+. The tools algorithm automatically detects the stable connection speed by running several file download and upload requests from your web browser itself.
The internet speed test tool is simple to use. Just click "Start Testing Speed" button and wait a few seconds for the final results. The tool is designed for detecting your stable internet speed and not your top speed. Keep in mind most bandwidth demanding applications need stable speed.
Below are some tips and steps you can take to increase your internet speed.
1) Check your modem and router cables and make sure they are solid and clean connections. Use shoter cables if possible and/or purchase new cables.
2) Check your filters or try different one from your friends. Low quality or unreliable filters may lead to a drop in your internet speed by 30 to 60%.
3) Complete a free online bandwidth test using our internet speed test tool and determine your current Internet speed.
4) Remove any unnecessary programs from your device. Some programs and applications can use your bandwidth by running in the background.
5) Always use a secured wifi for all your web browsing. This will help you to disable unauthorized access of your internet by anonymous people. An unprotected
6) Your wifi channel is very important for good internet speed. In most cases 2.4 GHz wifi channel and another 2.4 GHz cordless phone with same channel may
7) Turn off any Internet-connected devices when not in use. These might include cell phones with Wi-Fi access, mobile devices, printers, gaming systems, and
8) Consider increasing the Internet connection speed from your service provider.